Austin HR Home
103 – OI&T
104 – FSC
116 – OI&T
200 – OI&T
Dear New Employee:
It our pleasure and honor to welcome you to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
You are our most important asset. You are joining a group of dedicated and talented employees who work hard in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs’ mission and goals. The knowledge and skills you bring to the VA will support the veterans and your fellow staff members. We continue to grow and need your skills to deliver world-class service to veterans and their families through effective communication and management of people, technology, business processes and financial processes.
We are pleased that you chose a career at the Department of Veterans Affairs and that you will become a part of the VA’s proud tradition that provides the highest quality of service to those men and women who have served our Nation.
The VHA HR&SS - Austin HR Center Team
Please take a few moments and print out the New Employee Checklist, as well as the mandatory forms and the optional forms that apply to you. These forms are located on the right hand side of this page. Please complete these forms and bring them to New Employee Orientation.
Listed below is a brief overview of what you need to accomplish prior to New Employee Orientation and what you need to bring with you on your first day of orientation:
Prior To New Employee Orientation
- Ensure you arrange to have your Fingerprints captured prior to Orientation.
- Complete the Mandatory on-line Federal Background Investigation (EQIP).
- Print and complete all mandatory and applicable documentation.
Things to Bring on your First Day of Orientation
- Two forms of identification - See I-9 for list
- Drivers license, registration and auto insurance (for parking pass)
- EQIP signature forms (print out at the completion of the questionnaire)
- All required & applicable forms completed in full (Provided on the mailed New Employee Packet CD-Rom)
New Employee Orientations are held the first Monday of every pay period and begins at 09:30am CST (Normally lasts about 2-2 1/2 hours) at:
Department of Veterans Affairs
Austin Information Technology Center
1615 Woodward Street
Austin, TX 78741
*Also available virtually by MS LiveMeeting for those employees not in the Austin, TX area. Click on schedule link below for instructions.
For your convenience, we have made available the Schedule for New Employee Orientation.
For further questions, please contact Human Resources at 512-326-6052.
New Employee Forms
1. VA Memo for Unemployment
2. OF-306 (Declaration for Federal Employment)
3. SF-144 (Statement of Prior Federal Service)
4. I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
5. VA-4637 (Employee Education Data)
6. W-4 (Federal Tax Withholdings)
7. FMS-2231 (Direct Deposit)
8. VA-0233 (Change of Address for Payroll)
9. SF-181 (Race & National Origin ID)
10. SF-256 (Self ID of Handicap)
11. VA-4092 (Guide for Orientation of New Employees)
12. VA-4644a (Employee Record Card/Emergency Contact Card)
13. Retirement Coverage Memo
14. Life and Health Insurance Memo
15. SF-2817 (Fed Life Insurance Election)
16. SF-2809 (Fed Health Insurance Election)
17. TSP-1 (Thrift Savings Plan Election)
18. SF-61 - Appointment Affidavit (Fill out top portion and wait to sign upon swearing in at duty location)
19. AITC Memo (Only for Austin Area New Employees)
Military/Veteran Personnel Only Forms
20. DD-214 (Your Military Discharge –Copy 4- for each period of service)
21. SF-813 (Verification of a Military Retiree’s Service in NonWartime Campaigns or Expeditions) –Military Retiree’s Only
22. Military Deposit Request Memo RI 20-97 (Estimated Earnings During Military Service-For Military buy back)
23. SF-1152 (Designation of Beneficiary - Unpaid Compensation of Deceased Civilian Employee)
24. SF-2823 (Designation of Beneficiary - Federal Employee's Group Life Insurance-
25. SF-3102 (Designation of Beneficiary - Federal Employees Retirement System-FERS)
Forms you send to:
26.To OPM- SF-2808 Designation of Beneficiary - Federal Employees Retirement System (CSRS) (Only for CSRS Employees)
27.To TSP- TSP-3 – Designation of Beneficiary – Thrift Savings Plan
28.To TSP- TSP 60- Request for a Transfer into the Thrift Savings Plan (Normal Rollover)
29.To TSP- TSP 65 - Thrift Savings Plan Request to combine Uniformed Services and Civilian TSP Accounts (Prior Military Personnel Only)
*You must have the Adobe Reader to open the forms listed. Download the latest free Adobe Reader.*
YOU HAVE ACCESSED A U.S. GOVERNMENT SYSTEM
This site is intended for the Veterans Administration personnel to view and retrieve information, unless otherwise specified. Authorization to use byline/photo/image credits is upon request.
VIOLATIONS ARE PUNISHABLE UNDER THE LAW
Unauthorized attempts to upload, add to or change information or otherwise cause damage to this site's service is strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
US GOVERNMENT SYSTEM MONITORING
The Government employs methods to monitor and audit the usage of this computer system. All persons are hereby notified that the use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring and auditing.
If you have any questions about the information presented here, please forward them to the Austin HR Webmaster.